Postdoctoral position within DFG project „Asymptotic geometry of the Higgs bundle moduli space“
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position within the DFG project „Asymptotic geometry of the Higgs bundle moduli space“ inside SPP 2026 „Geometry at infinity“. Applications should be submitted before June 1, 2017 in order to receive full consideration.
The appointment is for 3 years starting no later than October 1, 2017. The position is available as of now is based at CAU Kiel in the workgroup of Hartmut Weiß. The successful candidate is expected to spend at least 6 months under the supervision of Jan Swoboda at LMU München. He or she is expected to bring in research expertise in at least one of the following fields:
• asymptotics of Higgs bundles or harmonic maps
• higher Teichmüller spaces
• analysis of gauge theoretic moduli spaces
• Hitchin integrable system
• asymptotic geometry of non-compact hyperkähler manifolds